Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Wie zijn wij
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Beyond oil and gas production, technology plays a big role in helping BP enhance the safety and reliability of its refineries and petrochemical plants, and it also helps the company create high-quality, energy-efficient fuels and lubricants. Scientists and engineers in Refining Technology & Engineering develop and apply technologies that advance safety and reliability, enhance operational integrity, boost conversion efficiency and reduce emissions.
Refining Technology & Engineering employees are located at BP facilities worldwide, with campuses in Naperville, Illinois, U.S. and Sunbury, UK serving as the company’s technology hubs.
- Work with stakeholders to establish a systematic approach to improving the area of interest, including development of sustainable structures as well as initial implementation strategies
- Provide leadership and supervision to a central team of technical staff who will support both implementation and the sustaining structure for the improvements, including recruiting as necessary
- Ensure a schedule for implementation activities is developed, and actual progress is tracked against planned. Development of the schedule will reflect competing priorities and consider availability of key resources. Communicate schedule status to all stakeholders.
- Lead the OTS Training program delivery to refining sites incorporating best practices and lessons learned.
- Develop and communicate metrics to monitor the quality of implementation and the performance of the enduring systems and training programs to met program recommendations
- Assist the sites/entities in updating their LOMS for any enhancements required to sustain the improvements over the long term
- Manage funding for improvements, including development of DSP’s, FM’s and other supporting documentation to obtain authorization to proceed. Track and report the actual vs. planned spend for the program
- Ensure application of the best practices and lessons learned across the program
- Communicate lessons learned during program execution to the extended program team. Pass the lessons learned on to other program managers within RTE, and the stakeholders in the improvement effort
- Network with others in BP working on training simulators to share best practices and lessons learned
- Work with BP procurement to develop and execute procurement strategies
- Manage program-level relationships with vendors
BS in engineering or science
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 15-20 years industry experience
- 2+ years of Operating experience in a refinery or chemical plant
- A successful track record of improving safety, reliability, and commercial viability in a manufacturing facility
- Experience as project/program manager
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability in handling change and proactively takes initiative to make improvements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven capability to organize large extended teams to a common goal
- High level of written communications skills
- Computer proficiency in standard desktop software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- 10+ years of Operating experience in a refinery or chemical plant
- Fluent English; Spanish or German is a plus
- Project management of OTS or Development of training programs
- A successful track record of influencing decisions and performance at multiple facilities and at multiple levels of the organization
- Supervisory experience
- Project management, TAR execution, work process improvement, and Continuous Improvement experience a plus
- Experience managing projects within the CVP/PCP framework
Opleiding en relevante vacatures
Interessant als je nog niet de vereiste competenties voor deze functie bezit en graag een (aanvullende) training wilt volgen of je staat voor de keuze van een vervolgstudie en zoekt een opleiding die aansluit bij deze functie of branche.