Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Wie zijn wij
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
As one of BP’s three regional fuels businesses in Downstream, Fuels Europe & Southern Africa is delivering today, shaping tomorrow. Our industry is changing faster than at any time in our lifetime. The world is mobilising to make low carbon a reality. We will help drive this transition, leveraging digital technology to modernise the way we work and keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
With nearly 7,500 employees operating in 14 different countries, we carry out refining, supply, sales and marketing activities to capture and sustain the most value from our fuels assets (including four refineries and 8000+ retail sites) and invest in our customer relationships. Along with support from functional teams providing specialist knowledge in the areas of safety, finance, information technology, procurement, strategy, communications, HR and legal, we also work closely with internal expert partners such as the Global Business Service (GBS), Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) and Global Fuels Technology (GFT). We are brand leaders with BP and Aral and also operate under our convenience brands Wild Bean Cafe and Petit Bistro as well as our partnership brands Marks & Spencer, Albert Heijn, Rewe, Pick n Pay and Piotr & Pawel.
In Fuels ESA we know that what we do is important for BP and for our customers. We safely manufacture, transport and market quality products, which fulfil everybody’s needs for warmth, light and mobility. As a market leader, we develop trendsetting offers and create convenient ways for customers to re-energise during a busy day. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where everybody can contribute and grow. And we are embracing digitalization and work towards a lower carbon energy future. Above all, our first priority is safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Implementation within the Project Services department and on all projects of the requirements from the BP Corporate Planning and Scheduling guides and procedures
- Delivery of high quality schedules and related documents by planning and scheduling team
- Manage resources and assign team members to various Programs, Projects or roles.
- Oversee the performance of the scheduling discipline.
- Manage team members including training and addressing experience gaps / deficiencies.
- Develop, maintain and closely monitor key performance indicators to ensure proper usage of resources and performance of team.
- Support implementation and updates to site policies, procedures, processes, tools, and templates, for discipline group.
- Audit / review the application of site policies, procedures, processes, tools, and templates.
- Ensure alignment of site policies, procedures, etc., with BP Published Guidelines and Common Processes as they relate to planning and scheduling discipline.
- Look for ways to improve and streamline team efforts.
- Gather and share lessons learned.
- Encourage multi-discipline teamwork.
- Identify gaps in planning and scheduling knowledge for Project Services staff and develop training programs in collaboration with the Team Leader Project Services.
- Backfill where necessary to support planning and scheduling activities including schedules development and updating as well as ad-hoc analyses.
- Perform as a (Senior) Planning and Scheduling Engineer when required – see separate job descriptions for details complementing present job description
- Bachelor / Master of Science preferred or HBO level with a technical background if the candidate has extensive experience.
- VCA VOL
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Demonstrated SME in EPC project planning and scheduling.
- Detailed knowledge about project controls systems (estimating, TIC reporting, reporting, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with stage-gated project execution processes.
- Understanding of Front End Loading concepts, engineering, and project development.
- Demonstrated capability to support multiple projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Experience in program and portfolio management
- Lead Level of Competency, requiring at least 10 -15 years relevant experience of managing teams of Planning and Scheduling specialists within the Petrochemical, Oil and Gas or Power Generation industries.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Lead role managing a team of 5 or more people.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
- Good reading and writing knowledge of Dutch, English and preferably German
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Work resilience, commitment, honesty and team spirit
- Strong organization, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Team coordination and work assigning
- Demonstrated usage of Primavera (P6).
- Demonstrated experience as Primavera Administration.
- Knowledge of database applications, e.g., Microsoft access, Maximo, TRACK, and Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, macros, and spreadsheets).
- Knowledge of Earned Value Method (EVM) and Cost Forecasting Methods
- Familiarity with engineering documents
Opleiding en relevante vacatures
Interessant als je nog niet de vereiste competenties voor deze functie bezit en graag een (aanvullende) training wilt volgen of je staat voor de keuze van een vervolgstudie en zoekt een opleiding die aansluit bij deze functie of branche.