Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Wie zijn wij
LyondellBasell is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its 13,000 employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, and improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road.
Our vision, mission, values and leadership principles drive how we behave, how we interact and how we will consistently deliver outstanding results.
The Accountant assists the (Lead) Senior Accountant of the European sales entity Basell Sales and Marketing B.V. (BSM) in the day to day accounting of the entity. The purpose of the job is to assist in and monitor (financial) processes of BSM and to ensure that the company financials are compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, local GAAP and SOx.
The accountant will primarily be responsible for netback calculations and settlements with JV's according to the offtake agreement. Also, ensuring accurate, complete and timely transactional accounting of JV related items.
This role also include among others, balance reconciliation and confirmation for the Polish JV (BOP/BOPS).
The accountant is the contact person for all JV related accounting activities in BSM including any adhoc JV related issues.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Preparing the JV monthly / quarterly netback calculations based on standard rates and ensuring that the netback calculations for off-take contracts are correct and auditable.
- Preparing the yearly rebate reconciliation and ensuring that rebate calculations are correct and auditable.
- Ensuring that all financial aspects of issues under the off-take contracts get resolved in a timely manner.
- Processing and approval of JV related items
- Prepare weekly payments and control JV margins for purchases and sales from / to our Polish JV (BOB/BOPS).
- Prepare the quarterly balance confirmation of the Polish JV with supporting details
- Perform quarterly analysis of JV profitability (checking that margins for JV offtake products are correctly booked).
- Contact person for all JV related accounting activities in BSM including any adhoc JV related issues.
- Monthly Saudi JV meetings with JV controller and Business manager
- Coordinate and assist in periodic external Saudi JV audits
- Provide input for and participate in the monthly BSM business finance meeting
- Perform periodic balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform Sox controls and maintain evidence of control for areas of responsibility
- Perform month-end activities as per BSM closing schedule.
- Initiate and participates in process improvements within Finance Benelux
- Assists the BSM (Lead) senior accountant in other accounting activities with respect to the entity.
- Assist in other accounting activities with respect to Finance Benelux (i.e. financial statements preparation, analysis, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Economics
- Up to 3 years of experience in complex finance & accounting environment / world scale business environment
- Appropriate IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and SAP ERP system / Hyperion
- Good communication and teamwork skills essential given diverse nature of operating landscape and cultural sensitivities
- Strong analytical skills
- In-depth understanding of US GAAP and IFRS across a variety of topics. Exposure to Dutch GAAP is an advantage
- Able to translate, explain and implement complex accounting matters to pragmatic work procedures
- Experience with Internal Controls and SOx/404 requirements.
- Well organized, able to prioritize.
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure analytically and systematically
- Able to structure complex processes
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Fluent in business English and a second European languages is a pre.
What do we offer:
We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and real opportunities for growth.
Our recruitment process:
If your application is successful, we arrange for a telephone interview to take place. If this telephone interview is successful, we will invite you for an face to face interview, in most cases there will be two rounds of these interviews. In case the location of the interviewers is different from the location you are based out of, we will arrange for a virtual interview. You will have the opportunity to ask us any further questions about the role and benefits.
Contact for more information:
Register your CV and apply online by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. For questions on the vacancy you can contact Michael Koops, Talent Acquisition Adviser, Telephone: +31 (0)10 713 60 57 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opleiding en relevante vacatures
Interessant als je nog niet de vereiste competenties voor deze functie bezit en graag een (aanvullende) training wilt volgen of je staat voor de keuze van een vervolgstudie en zoekt een opleiding die aansluit bij deze functie of branche.